Missions Study Group
February 18, 2021 6:00pm
We will be taking a look at a gospel-centered introduction to the Great Commission. This 6-week study is intended to draw our hearts closer to the God of grace, and will be founded on the belief that from first to last, missions is a God-centered, God-enabled, and God-glorifying endeavor. In missions, all that we do and are should be saturated by grace. Some recurring themes you’ll hear throughout the series include the following:
- Missions is about glorifying God alone.
- God’s sovereign purposes for this world have not, can not, and will not be thwarted.
- Only God’s grace enables you to love and serve with Christ-likeness.
- Missions forces a continual and critical self-examination of our fears, insecurities, idolatries, and prejudices.
- The key to personal change is repentance and faith, not self-effort.
- The Church is central in God’s plan for establishing his kingdom.